Sunday, November 19, 2006

Discernment and God's rewards...

This past year has been one of the most confusing times in my life. I feel like there have been more decisions that have needed to be made than I have answers for. Just one of the decisions that Eric and I were deciding on was whether or not to be foster parents. This decision was HUGE! This entailed me quitting my job, leaving my co-workers, and mostly leaving familiarity. After much prayer we decided that this was something that God was calling us to do. The day that I went in to tell my bosses that I was quitting, they offered me a raise! I was so confused... I thought to myself, God I've been working there for almost a year and of all days TODAY is the day they are giving me a raise... uhh.. Well for about 20 seconds I thought of all the things that Eric and I could use the extra money on.. paying off school bills and our truck and buying a new house, etc... Well after talking to Eric he reminded me that being a foster parent is what God wants us to do. So I told my bosses that my last day was going to be November 30, 2006.

No comments: