Friday, June 15, 2007

It's been almost two weeks already...

Sorry I didn't realize that it has been almost two weeks since my last post!

Just to bring you all up to date. I had a great time in Indiana. It was really nice to be there for longer then a weekend. I got to spend lots of time with everyone including my two adorable nieces! :) I also managed to do some garage sale(ing) on my way out of town. :) It was a good week!

Regarding missions. I know I haven't updated in a while. We heard back from Headquarters and they said that everything looked great on our application except for the fact that we had never been on any long term missions trips (the longest we had both been was 2 weeks). So, our next step is to volunteer for 3months-1year overseas. They mentioned that they already have some places that could use some help in Europe and Asia Pacific. Some of the places in Europe include: Poland, Slovenia, and Macedonia. I'm not sure yet where the places are in the Asia Pacific. They noted that we should be ready to go by January, 2008.

As soon as we figure out a destination then we get to start the lovely fundraising part of it. This is my least favorite part. :( I just hate asking people for money. The thing that I keep reminding myself is this is God's will for us and whether it be $5000 or $25,000 we will get the money!! God will provide! He always has before!!!

On a completely different note the past couple of weeks I have been reading about how God created each of us unique. This just amazes me. I can't even fathom that EVERY person on this planet is unique! WOW! That just shows how big a God we serve! Another thing I've been thinking about is how we/I complain about my appearance. There is always something that I'm discontent with. I don't know if you have ever made anything. I know that when Eric and I started dating I made him a scrapbook. I poured hours and hours of my time into that silly thing. It was so important to me that I cared about every single little detail. If someone even dared to say something negative about it I would have been crushed!! All that work!! In the same way I made that book God also made each of us and how much more important are we then that silly book. He put so much time into creating us so that we would be completely different then everyone else around us. I never really thought about the fact that when we pick apart and criticize ourselves we are directly criticizing God's work! He made us just the way we are.

Also, in the same aspect we should take care of what God made. This is really hard for me to take hold of. Working out and eating healthy hasn't really ever been one of my strong points! I really believe that we need to think more about how we are treating our bodies and what we are putting in our bodies on a daily basis. I'm not saying you have to be a fitness freak, but get a little exercise every once in a while. It doesn't take much effort to go for a walk. It can actually be quite enjoyable, especially if you remind yourself why you're doing it. :)Well I need to get off here and get ready. Eric and I are going to the Latino Festival tonight. I am excited. Hopefully we'll get to try some new food and maybe even see some cool dancing! Hopefully they won't make us participate! HA HA :)

3 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Ooo I wish I could go to a Latino Festival with you guys! That would be fun!!!

when I did Youth In Mission I raised EVERY penny I needed for my trip and MORE. God is good... I have NO DOUBT He will provide :)

Shell*Belle said...

Yes, I just keep remembering and thinking about all the people that have gone before us and raised money! It's just my natural instinct to worry about money! :(

We wish you could have come to the Latino Festival with us! We had such a good time. There were several bands there, it was fun! :)

Miss ya and love ya!

Heidi said...

Thanks for the reminder that we are God's creation!