Saturday, April 05, 2008

Life is good.

Hey Everyone! :) Just wanted to write a quick post. I don't have anything important to say but I wanted to write something since I haven't in a little while. This morning Eric went hiking with the guys. They are going on a 6 mile hike...I'm jealous.. I wanted to tag along! I am going to a meeting this morning for Big Brother Big Sisters. I am signing up to be a Big Sister.. I'm so excited!

While I was in Poland, I really wanted to find a way that I could get involved in the community and I think this will be a great start. I also realized that I am very selfish with my time. Sometimes I forget my true purpose for being in this world. I know I have to be careful not to over commit and allow a little time for myself... but I still think that we could
all volunteer a little time every once in a while. :):)

Well I'm off. If you're in Ohio enjoy the sunshine!! I'm so excited! I think Riley and I will go for a little hike ourselves. :)


I just love this man!!:)

2 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

You're jealous of a 6 mile hike? LOL! I do hope that you and Riley enjoyed your walk though!

Being a big sister sounds like a great plan :) What is happening with foster care stuff now - are you still eligible to take kids? Or do you have to start over with the whole process? I was just reading an article about how Latino children really need good homes...and it made me wish that I was in a place in my life where I could do that...

wow that was a long comment - you should feel blessed :)

Shell*Belle said...

Yes I was very jealous of the 6 mile hike. I love hiking!

I'm excited about being a big sister. :) As far as the foster care stuff... we haven't talked about it a lot. I don't think we are planning on doing that again.. at least not in the near future.