Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Long overdue update

Eric and I had a really good weekend. We didn't have any plans, and that is just the way we liked it!! :) Actually, Friday Eric surprised me after he got off work with a Bonsai tree and a card. He is so sweet! :) He knew that Mother's Day would be kind of a difficult time and I might not feel included, so he wanted to make me feel special and apart! :) Than he took me out to Red Lobster! YUM!! :)

On Saturday we went to the zoo and had a really great time. :) After the zoo we went to this really cool place that actually Eric's mom discovered. It's called the Velvet Ice Cream Mill. It's awesome! Although, I was a little disappointed with their nature trail. We had a really good day Saturday! It was nice to be outside for most of the day.

I was a little worried about Sunday, with it being Mother's Day and all. However, we had an awesome church service and spent most of the afternoon with Eric's family. Our pastor did a great job of acknowledging and incorporating into his sermon different heartaches that people may be experiencing on Mother's Day. It was good.

Monday was fun too!! My friend Alicia and I went and got pedicures and had a really relaxing time! Although it took me about 30 minutes to decide on a color, I finally picked HOT PINK! HEHE It's fun!! :)


**Well, right now there is so much going on. I don't really want to talk about the details, but God has been revealing some important and life changing things to us. Just please continue to pray for us! :) Some exciting news, Eric and I are looking at taking about a week and a half trip to Florida in the Fall! It has been exciting looking up places and things to do while we are there! This vacation is much needed and September seems so far away!

Sorry I don't really have anything important to write about. Just wanted to update you all since I had some angry commenter's on my last posting! (J/K!!! :) )

10 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

E is such a good guy! That's so sweet he got you a mother's day present!!!

I've never gotten a pedicure, but last summer Lindsey and I visited Karen in Chicago and we went to a massage school and got inexpensive massages and it was soooo nice...

Love ya, it was good to read an update!

Shell*Belle said...

E is very sweet! :) :)

That is the next thing that I want to do. I would love to go get a massage!!!

Heidi said...

I was not angry.. just anxiously awaiting a new post! I'm glad to hear you had a nice weekend!!

Christy said...

Your E is a great guy! I am glad Mother's Day went by good for you. I have been thinking about you a lot, but my mind hasn't been real "clear" this week! Love you!!!

Jenny said...

She lives! I was getting worried about you!

Teresa said...

YAY!!! An update, with real pics even... lol.

Yeah, that's funny that you've decided to go to Fla in Sept. since that's when we'd planned on going but we're not so sure if we're actually going or not. We're considering a kitchen remodel (Yes this house just had a kitchen remodel but you'd have to see it to know what I mean! LOL).

Shell*Belle said...

I am alive and well!! :) Thank you everyone for your concerns!! :) I feel so loved! :):)

Courtney said...

Glad everything is going well. Miss ya and have fun planning a trip to Fl...wish I could go...hehe Love ya lots!!

Alicia Streicher said...

I want a what-cha-mi-call-it-tree! Tell Eric I expect one this weekend. He can drop it off any time. :)

FL! Yea! Off season is GREAT! (aka cheaper) Beware of the nude beaches. I guess they're not always as clearly marked as they could be (yes, I have a story about that).

Next time, you can't come with me until you've figured out your polish colors! :)

Shellparks said...

We go to a wonderful little town in FL called Mexico Beach. It is cheap and wonderful. Let me know if you want more info. We are actually going down there in a couple of week.

Michelle Parks