Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My thoughts

I wanted to post something today since I haven't posted in a while. I couldn't really think of what to post so I decided to share todays journal entry with you (I write in a journal everyday, usually just prayer requests and me talking with God.).

August 21, 2006 -12:50pm

God, I ask that you would give me peace. I need you and need your comfort right now. There are so many things going on and I feel like my attention is being drawn away from you and away from your peace. I know I can't do this on my own anymore. I need you. I need your help. Father, I'm not a public speaker, yet I'm already signed up to speak in 3 churches. We have to raise $20,000, yet I can't find a job. I'm in love with that little fury, black and white thing that we've had for two years, yet we have to give him away. Help! Father when you provide for all these things I will give you the praise. I say when instead of if because I know that you will provide for me, you already have! I ask that you will give me enough peace so that I can rest in your arms. I will rest!

Expecting great things,

Shelly

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I was commented to say I read that post already. I'll have to email you later! I keep forgetting!

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

awww I love you! but that's all I'll say here because I think I've already emailed you 3 times today!

Oh but you need to put a link to the website up!!!

Jenny said...

Shelly, faith comes in the journey. Look back at all God has done. You (meaning you and Eric) have been clearly called to this position at this time. Step by step, Shelly.

Shell*Belle said...

Thanks you guys for all the encouragement. You guys are what helps us to keep going. :)

Love ya'll!!