Monday, July 30, 2007

132,480 minutes and counting...

Sorry that it has taken me FOREVER to update this thing. There has been so much going on. Let's see since I last wrote.... I have had a gazillion interviews, jammed at two different concerts, hung out with friends, attended Women of Faith, had an AMAZING week with my sister and niece, lots and lots more job hunting and went to the dentist! It's been a little busy! :) I know I'm missing something there! Oh, I know what it is, we found out that we are moving to Poland (yes as in the country, not as in Poland, Ohio... that's what the dentist asked me today..haha) in November. Actually, we leave 3 months from today!

So, needless to say we have been CRAZY busy! There is so much stuff that has to be done. Finally, last night I just had to sit down and step out of my situation and start prioritizing things. I also had to realize that things don't get done in one day. A lot of times it takes months to plan things. I also have been stressing out because I have been job hunting for a WHILE now. It's really hard to get hired though when you are only going to be around for another 3 months. Of course I don't volunteer that information, but if they ask deep down in my heart I know I have to tell them.

Well, that is enough babbling for one day. I wish everyone a Happy Wednesday. Eric and I are eating some Stromboli tonight (thanks Christy for the recipe) and heading to church.

Please keep us in your prayers as we have a million things to do and only approximately 132,480 minutes (this is how many minutes till take off....ahhh) to do them in. :)

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey thanks for the update! Good luck with finding a short term job! Only 3 months until you leave for.. that isn't very long. You guys will be in my prayers are you prepare!

Shell*Belle said...

Thanks Heidi!!! :) We are getting a little nervous, but reminded daily that God is in control! :)

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

have I mentioned how excited I am? Not that I won't see you for that whole year, but that you'll be doing missions for a whole year!

Anyway, I'm off to email a guy back about setting up my volunteer time in Bolivia for next summer!

Teresa said...

YAY! I'm glad we finally know something now (not just your blog readers)! Uh...what's the number date you'll leave? I wanna know stuff. I need to email you this weekend about what's going on here!! GOSH! I keep forgetting. :-( Okay... so it was good to read the update! YAY again!

Shell*Belle said...

November 15!! :)

J & K said...

Dzien Dobry from Lublin! I just wanted to let you know that it means a lot to us that you read our blog and are praying for us! I hope everything's going well with getting ready to come to Poland- it seems like no matter how prepared you are there is always too many things to be done right before you leave- we can relate :) We found one of the most helpful things we did was learn some Polish conversations before we came- there's a series called: "polish conversations", but I know you're doing way too much already! God bless you guys and hope our paths will cross when you get here! For your encoragement: Matthew 6:33