Friday, July 20, 2007

Festivals!

I was just looking back at the past month and Eric and I have gone to 3 festivals and tonight will make 4! I guess you could say we are festival junkies! :) Tonight is the Jazz and Rib Festival and I'm really looking forward to it. We are going with some friends from our small group, ONU friends and possibly Alicia! :) I've never been before but I've heard that it's really fun and relaxing!

Well to give everyone a little update. We have been in contact with Poland (yes, as in the country) regarding mission work. Eric and I have prayed a LOT about it and are feeling so far that this is where God is leading us! We actually spent the evening yesterday huddled on the floor at Barnes and Noble with each of our noses in books about Poland trying to learn and read as much as we could. That is a GREAT place to go to find out information about traveling or different countries. We are getting excited!

Just a few days ago we found out that they (missionaries in Poland) are wanting us to come as early as November! YIKES! We are waiting now to hear back from Kansas City (missions headquarters) as to whether that will work out or not. So if you remember, please say a special prayer for Eric and I as we are trying to decide the best location that God wants us to be at! :)

On a totally different note. Last night and today I have been thinking a lot about how far God has brought me over the past year. All you faithful blog readers remember all the struggles that I have had with agreeing to mission work, to wanting to have a baby, to just being content with who I am. God has really been working on me. Right now my biggest passion is wanting to do missions! I am just so excited about it that I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. While I do still want kids, I am really content being single. It wasn't until I talked with my friend Jenny and realized that it's okay to not have kids right now. Eric and I are still young and there are a lot of things that we want to do and enjoy doing kid-free. So needless to say, that is the biggest thing that God has helped me with. I can honestly say that I'm content (at least for a day or so.. hehe). :)

Well I need to get off here. I'm going to meet Alicia at Easton to get coffee and walk around. Everyone have a great weekend! Eric's birthday is Sunday so that will be exciting! :)

7 comments:

Tim Sheets said...

Tell Eric happy Bday for me. I wish I could get coffee and walk around all day. We'll be praying about your call to missions and possibly going to Poland. I'll pray Psalm 61 for you today. Adios!

T <><

Shell*Belle said...

Thanks Tim! :) What a good big bubby you are! :) What are you up to this weekend?

Tim Sheets said...

We're going to lunch with Silus and Shelby Norris tomorrow. Smokey Bones BBQ...yummy!

T <><

Enjoy your jazz fest!

*Did Eric ever get my email about putting another youtube video on DVD for me?

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Wow Poland sounds cool! That's exciting that things are moving forward!

Shell*Belle said...

I'm not sure if he did or not. I will ask him and tell him to shoot you an email! :)

Denise- yes I am so excited! Sorry I missed your call, Eric and I were watching a movie. I highly recommend DeJaVue... minus the 15 second clip of the girl in the shower! (I WAS TICKED!!!) Maybe we can talk tomorrow??

Courtney said...

We are praying for God direction in your lives! Love ya!

Lynnie!

Courtney said...

oh yeah...Happy Birthday to Eric! (even though he doesn't really know me)...hehe