Saturday, January 12, 2008

Dzien Dobry!

Twelve hours and three planes after we left on Wednesday afternoon, we arrived in Poznan without any problems at all. Every one of our bags arrived, we didn't get hassled at customs, and we even managed to sleep a little bit on the flight(s) over.

The past couple of days since we arrived we have been sight-seeing and unpacking into our apartment. We feel so blessed to be here in Poznan and to have such a wonderful opportunity to share God's love with the people here.

I wanted to share a few pictures of our apartment with you all.Unfortunately the Internet connection here in our apartment isn't the strongest so it is hard to download pictures. If you check out our website you can see a few pictures that Eric downloaded last night of our apartment.

Well, I'm going to be off. Time to start getting reading for a new day! :)

Love and miss you all!
Shelly

5 comments:

Teresa said...

How exciting! I'm glad to read that everything went well and all is okay!
Pic Thoughts: Pocket Doors!! and decor, such a nice kitchen/stove WITH bananas! Are the bananas and fruit real? LOL It looks like a good size for bible studies too! Poland does the washer only, line dry thing don't they? At least you have outdoor space too! That's really cool. The apartment looks spacious.

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Talking to you online last night was the greatest thing ever! And seeing all the great pics was the second greatest thing ever! Love you tons!

Tim Sheets said...

Glad you guys made it!

The apartment looks nice! I saw you sitting on the couch playing on the Apple computer. Funny! I can't believe my sis is in Poland! WOW!

Miss ya,
Love ya,
T <><

Shell*Belle said...

Teresa - Yes, we are so thankful and so blessed to have arrived here safely and with our luggage and everything. We had no problems at all. The bananas and fruit were all real. They have a market real close and we go there and buy fresh fruit. :) You are correct about Poland not using dryers. :) Yippee! HAHA! We feel so blessed to have the apartment that we do.. it's so nice. :)

Denise - I was so happy to talk to you last night too. You have been such a blessed to Eric and I and such a great encouragement. I hope we can be that for you with your upcoming trip! :) We love you!

Tim - Yeah, Eric kept taking all the pictures and so I decided to just stay where I was. :) I can't believe we are in Poland either... that is until about 2am when I hear a train race RIGHT by out window! It seriously sounds like a semi is about to plow into our room. HAHA :) I'm starting to get used to it now though. Well, I better get off here and get some sleep. I love you and miss you! Tell Trina and Claire hello for me. :)

Tim Sheets said...

New look! Cool! What ya guys been up to?

T <><