Friday, January 11, 2008

listen.

Have you ever had those moments where you sit back and actually listen. You get rid of all the craziness and head noise and you sit in silence. You drown out the cars outside or the neighbors voice that you hear creeping through your walls. I try to do this often, except most of the time this type of listening ends up with to-do lists and me racing off to finish something that I had forgotten about earlier.

However, tonight I listened. I stopped, and I listened.

I was able to forget about the past few hours, days, weeks and listen. I felt so blessed. I felt so unworthy. I felt so loved.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Shelly,
I love that. That makes me want to write from such a real place again...like I haven't done in a long time. I need to find that place again.
Love You.