Thursday, August 18, 2011

My hearts desire

As I sit and write this tears are streaming down my face! I am just so overjoyed and blessed! These past few weeks have been the hardest part of our adoption journey. The waiting was difficult! The unknown was worse. But God knew my hearts desire, and chose to bless us at our weakest point. He really is so faithful, merciful, powerful and loving toward his children.

It's also funny because my sister last week told me that I needed to let go of our adoption because I was holding on too tightly! I was trying to control everything and totally messing up God's plan. I find this ironic because it's completely opposite of my blog title (Learning to be Content). I realized that my faith and trust were lacking big time!

Well, as most of you know, Marlee Joy Slonecker was born August 4th at 12:56am weighing in at a whopping 2lbs1oz 14 inches. Seeing this little girl just gives me chills. One because it's so COLD in the hospital, but two because God created her so perfectly! She is PERFECT! Her tiny tiny body, toes, hair, smile, even her cry! She's a miracle!

I am going to try to keep this blog up and running, but I can't guarantee that I will be able to everyday. I want to say thanks to everyone who has prayer for us, over us and with us. God answered your prayers too!! I love you all, and I am TOTALLY blessed by your support!

Love,
Shelly

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh Shelly!! It makes me so happy reading this post. Through all the hard waiting, God had the perfect baby girl picked out to be your daughter! Sometimes it's so hard to wait on God's timing when we so badly desire something. Good thing He knows us better than we know ourselves.

Jenny said...

What Heidi said. And you know how everyone tells you while you're waiting that all the longing and pain of waiting will go away/make sense/won't matter/whatever they saw?

They're right, aren't they?? :)

She is worth it. All of it. Every second of it.