Thursday, October 03, 2013

April 13, 2014


 One of my personal goals for a long time now has been to run a half marathon. Today I officially made the commitment and signed up for the Rock-N-Roll Half Marathon! I was so shocked that I was actually committing to this so I decided to document my facial expression once I hit the submit button! So for your viewing pleasure...

*Please disregard the random washing machine and junk everywhere.. we just moved.. don't judge!


July 31st I realized that I had sat for way too long wishing I could be that person who learned to love running so I jumped up off the couch and started out walking walking. The next day, to my AMAZEMENT I ran, okay it was more of a hobble/jog 3.85 miles! I've never done that before! This gave me the confidence though to continue on. I found a program called GIPIS on my phone and downloaded it. This is what I've been using so far. I really like it. It has you doing something different everyday to build up your strength and endurance. It's so much better then the hundreds of other ways I've tried to "start running". 

I'm not going to lie, this has been really difficult. I am not a natural born runner. I also am not great at staying committed to things such as this. However, I must say I have actually started enjoying it. I hope that I can become an encouragement to others to START. You will be so happy that you did! :) 

Happy Thursday everyone. My little family is planning on enjoying some free music and a picnic tonight. :) 



7 comments:

MonicaHughston said...

That facial expression is hilarious! I will have to look at that app. I'm not in any way a natural born runner, nor do I like to run but I want to start. You've definitely motivated me to do so. I've been going to the gym three times a week for about a month now and I love it when I'm there but running.....that just scares my lungs.

Shell*Belle said...

HAHA! I totally hear you Monica! I thought that I would...or could enjoy running. I'm not going to lie, I'm not always super perky and happy about it, but usually once I'm out doing it ....im good. :)

You should do it!! I wish you were here. We could run together!! :)

Miss you!

MonicaHughston said...

Miss you too!! Wish I could be your running partner :( maybe we can face time run? Ha, that would be awkward. I'm downloading Gipis now; I'm actually excited about it.

So proud of you friend, keep it up!!

Shell*Belle said...

HAHA! Facetime run would be hilarious!! :) Good luck on your GIPIS journey! :)

Mom said...

You can do it! Love ya, MOM

Laura Mayfield said...

LOVE THIS FACE!!!!! :) Wish I could give you a great big hug. I am SO excited for you!!! It is a big commitment, but I know you can do it!!!!! I love you!!!

Annie Croft said...

Miss that face!!! <3