Friday, January 10, 2014

Ephesians 3:20-21

I read this Monday and felt like I wasn't the only one who may need to hear it. We are all waiting on something and will be until the day we meet our sweet Jesus.

"I am able to do far beyond all you ask or imagine. Come to ME with positive expectations, knowing that there is no limit to what I can accomplish. Ask MY spirit to control your mind so that you can think great thoughts of ME. Do not be discouraged by the fact that many of your prayers are yet unanswered. Time is a trainer, teaching you to wait upon ME, to trust ME in the dark. The more extreme your circumstances, the more likely you are to see MY power and glory at work in the situation. Instead of letting difficulties draw you into worrying  try to view them as setting the scene for MY glorious intervention. Keep your eyes and your mind wide open to all that I am doing in your life."  Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

God is working on some pretty big things for Eric and I right now. This was a great reminder that I need to come to Him with POSITIVE EXPECTATIONS, knowing that there is no limit to what He can accomplish. It's easy for me to acknowledge that God can accomplish all things, but not actually believe that He can. Does that make sense? I pray that God gives me the faith to believe that HE can accomplish so much more than I can even fathom. 

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen. 
Ephesians 3:20-21




1 comment:

Mom said...

Hello Shelly,
I really needed to read your blog today, because it reminded me that Jesus is at work in my life. Also, your writing kind of "scolded" me for not having more faith that God is working in all areas of my life.

You are right, it is a lot easier to say I have faith, but to let go and let God take control is another thing. I really love Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Thanks, thanks, thanks for your blog. Love ya, MOM