Thursday, March 06, 2014

Generosity

Sorry I have been missing the last few weeks. Just to be honest, the blog is going to be taking the back burner for a little while so that I can be 100% present for Rowan and Marlee. Every once in a while I get lucky and their naps will coincide and normally that's my time to vent out all my ramblings. However, these past few weeks, nap time has turned into either me sitting on the couch staring at the wall wandering how such a tiny person can make such a HUGE impact or me sprinting around the house trying to finish different tasks before one of the kids makes a peep. Let's just be honest, the last few days it's been more of the first one.  :) Multiple kids is exhausting, ya'll. Phew...

I wanted to share one of the things that the Lord has been teaching me lately.  That is the lesson of generosity. Since we have been back from FL with Rowan I have literally had my calendar PACKED full with ladies who want to take time out of their busy schedules to bless us with food, gifts, or fellowship. I have literally been flabbergasted! At first I was like, aw.. this is nice that people are doing all this special stuff for us, but now going on week 3, ladies are STILL coming over to drop off food or just to stop in because they know that motherhood can be lonely. Ya'll this has totally been my "wow" moment. It's struck something deep within me bringing to the surface that I am just not that generous.

I have had so many friends get married, have babies, move to a new house, get a new job... tons of special celebrations and I celebrated with them, but mostly within my comfort zone. Meaning, if it was convenient and didn't hurt too much than I was good. I would stick within my comfortable amount for gifts, make sure that my time wasn't too effected and honestly, sometimes even overlook the person and their celebrations all together, claiming that I was too busy, didn't know them well enough or whatever other justification I could come up with. I have missed so many opportunities to bless others solely because of my selfishness.

I just wanted you all to know that if you have made us food, bought us food, bought us clothes, diapers, toys, blankets, wipes, or come over and hung out with us despite my two year old whining and my baby boy crying, I want to say thank you. Thank you for driving at rush hour 40 minutes from your house to come in and sit on my floor and talk about life. You have really touched my heart and been a part of God teaching me that I need to be more generous with my money, time, and talents. I'm so grateful that we get to do life together.

No comments: