Friday, September 14, 2007

7:30am.

Do you ever have those days where you are just really excited to wake up. I usually don't, however, today I did. Every morning around 7:30am, out of my half open eyes I see Eric walk around the bed and come to my side. He usually says something like, "Bye..love you" or if he's late, "Bye... gotta go, I'm late, love you" then I see this dark shadow slowly leave the room. Still not sure if this is Eric leaving or me falling back asleep. Well today, the dark shadow never came, Eric left, but the shadow never came. Instead, I tried to close my eyes and go back to sleep but all I could think about was hair dye, cleaning out dressers, looking for winter coats, mailing my special package, and hearing more about missions. Now, I know that I've lost a few readers because you're probably thinking... who gets excited about hair dye and cleaning out dressers... haha!

Just a few minutes ago I got off the phone with Eric. You're never going to believe what he just told me. First let me give you a little background information. One thing that I have always loved about Eric is his dedication to God. It never fails that EVERY morning he always has quiet time with God... I'm sure there are some mornings where he misses... but maybe not. :) I also know that Eric prays for me everyday, he may not always tell me, but I just know. Well just a few minutes ago when I called him we talked a few minutes, I told him what I was going to do for the day and I hung up. However, right as I was hanging up I could barely hear a muffled... "Shelly"... then it was too late because I had shut the phone. OOPS! So I dialed his number again and said I was sorry for hanging up and he said.... I just wanted to let you know that I prayed for you today. I thought to myself that's weird that he didn't just send that in an email with a little smiley face. So I said, "oh yeah, what about?" I should have known.. He replied, "Well I asked God to wake you up when He wanted you up and to make you excited about the day. " I paused... and replied, "Eric, please don't ever pray that again". HAHA!

Isn't that funny how God answers our prayers. That is a true story. It was so funny. After Eric told me about what he had prayed for and I told him not to pray that again I told him I was just writing a blog and the first sentence just happened to say.... do you ever have those days where you wake up really excited. :) You know I think God has more of a sense of humor then we think.

Well, I need to get off here so I can spend some time with the BIG MAN who decided to wake me up excited! :) Have a great day... and remember... be excited about your day, even if it means you will be cleaning out dressers. :)

6 comments:

Courtney said...

I love todays blog...this is my everyday..well not waking up excited...but being excited about being a mom...doing laundry, cleaning..etc. I also think it is funny that E prayed for you to wake up excited...how wonderful!!! Hope your day is great!! ~Courtney~

P.S. Pray for me about a job...I would love to work from home and this may be a possibility...I meet with someone on Sat. morning at 10:00 a.m. Pray that I will not be nervous..or late! :-)

Teresa said...

too funny....
i only ever wake up excited when we have money...rofl.

molly123 said...

Great prayer E!!!

Now can you pray for us too?

Connie/Mom

Shell*Belle said...

Yes.. Eric is not allowed to pray prayers like that anymore. HAHA :) Too bad my excitement soon turned to gloom.. HAHA just kidding! :)

Teresa said...

How'd it go tonight?

Shell*Belle said...

It went really well!! :)