Friday, September 21, 2007

I've been wanting to post for a while now but haven't had the chance to do it yet. I am feeling better and recovering from my surgery. If you want to know what surgery I had just email me and I'll tell you. :)

This past weekend-week has been crazy (I feel like I say that all the time...ha-ha). On Friday night Eric and I met some friends and headed over to the young adult camp-out. We didn't end up spending the night but we stayed until midnight and had crazy fun playing night time corn-hole, roasting marshmallows, and just chit-chatting around the fire.

Saturday, Eric and I slept in and then got up to clean the house just a little before we headed off for the craziest Buckeye Party ever. We went over to The Meyers house and had such a good time. I can honestly say that I maybe watched about 1/2 hour of the entire game. I was too busy talking to Mindy and laughing at everyone else that got really excited when the Buckeyes scored. :) Around 5pm on Saturday, Adam, Abbey, Jon and Annie stopped by to pick up their car, go to the restroom and be on their way home from vacation. I didn't get to visit with them for long due to prior commitments, but I did have a good 1/2 hour with them.

After they left Mindy and I headed back over to The Meyer's house and finished watching the game with them. Around 8pm, Kara Decrastos called and said she was finished with the wedding and was heading over to my house. So I got to the house at about 9sh and Kara and I stayed up till about 1am and then headed to bed.

Sunday, we all got up for church and accidentally missed Sunday School (oops). We had a great service with Pastor Marty. He talked about being the salt to the unsaved world. Sunday afternoon we went out to eat with a few people after church and then Kara and I headed to the Thrift Store. Unfortunately, we didn't have as successful of a trip as Mindy and I did a few weeks earlier. I only managed to find one thing and Kara nothing.. although she almost did grab the yellow sweater on her way out. :)

Sunday night came too fast. This was the night that we were to speak in front of our home church. I wasn't nervous until I realized how many people I knew at church. Little side note: Eric and I realized that we do much better speaking in front of people we don't know as well, rather then our good friends. Speaking of friends, our friends made a HUGE line right in the front row Sunday night. They were all smiles and giggles, however they managed to be pretty good... or so I thought. I will tell you that I did see out of the corner of my eye two signs. One read, "Go Chicky (Eric's sign.. don't ask..ha ha) and the other "You go girl". Those were held up by the lovely Miss LuAnne and Miss Lisa. HA HA! Now I said that my "front row friends" were good, however at the end of the service we sat down and my friend Mindy handed me a mysterious note. I flipped it over and all I could see were tally marks and the word UM across the top. I discovered that Mindy had counted individually how many times Eric had said um and how many times I had said um. Eric won. HA HA! :) It was really funny! Thanks Mindy, I'm so adding that to my scrapbook.

Well, I think that is all for now. Oh yeah, I would add some pictures but I forgot to take any this entire weekend. I'm so mad at myself. :(

2 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

good to see you're feeling well enough to post :) promise me you won't overdo it...just focus on healing :)

Teresa said...

YAY!! You lived! :-D Uh...I'm glad you updated. I'm gonna miss these if you don't have connection in Polland! :-(

You failed to mention how many marks were on each talley. LOL. That's pretty funny though.