Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I love Labor Day!

With everything going on lately, Eric and I decided to take a little weekend getaway! Eric's parents just bought an AMAZING house and happened to be going out of town this weekend, so we got to pretend like we were country livers for a little while. :) It was fun! We did lots of fishing, riding on the Gator, playing basketball, shooting guns, swimming in the pond (well, more like jumping in the pond than screaming because I was terrified a big fish would eat me). Not only did we get to spend a little time away from everything but Tim, Trina and Claire came to visit. We had fun showing them around the house and hanging out at Bob Evans. On Monday we came back to Reynoldsburg. It's amazing how small your apartment looks when you spend a few days at someone else's house. :)

Monday we drove all around and managed to go to Chipoltle, 2 Half Price Book Stores, Cold Stone Creamery, and Barnes and Noble. We also watched The Burbs and ate Donatoes pizza. It was a fun weekend of books and eating.... just happens to be some of my favorite things...not to mention it was with some of my favorite people. I had such a good time seeing little Claire. She has gotten bigger and sure is so cute! :)


I can't believe that today is already Tuesday! Tomorrow evening Eric and I have to speak at Marysville Church about our missions assignment. I'm a little nervous, but trying not to be. Actually, I was trying to think of what I was going to say and I was reminded of when all this mission stuff started to happen. How confusing! So rewarding now, but very confusing at the time. I remember when I wrote this post, What do you desire and I was really struggling with selfishness, which was keeping me from accepting my call to missions. I still struggle with selfishness, honestly I probably always will. I guess that's what comes with being human. I do know that God has changed my heart a lot. This weekend my brother was asking me about our call and I started to remember all the struggles that I had and all the selfish desires that were within me. Wow!

Please pray for us if you remember. We actually are speaking at three different churches within the next three weeks. We want to make sure that God does the speaking and we do the listening. I don't want people to hear my words. I want people to hear Jesus and to see Jesus in us.

I'll try to update more regularly. It's just been hard with so much stuff going on lately. We've been trying to get as much time with our friends and family as we possibly can. I can't believe that we will be leaving for a year in less than 3 months! AHH!! :) I'm ready.. well as ready as I can be.

4 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

awww she's so precious!!! It's so fun you got to spend the weekend with them! That fish is gross though!

Teresa said...

Gator's are fun!! It'd be fun to have one to go around town in...lol.

YAY! I always enjoy the updates. I need to be more patient.

As my ticker says... you have 70 days...lol.

Shell*Belle said...

AHHH!!! 70 DAYS!!!! AHHH!!! :)

Tim Sheets said...

Thanks for letting us come see ya! That was a blast! Hey, if you get any free time, there is a book by Richard Foster called Celebration of Discipline. I found 4-5 copies at the bookstores you took us to. Could you pick them up for me (all of them), if you go back to the book store between now and when you come to visit again? I think they were $5 a copy. I'll reimburse you. They were a really good deal and I should have bought them. Rich and I want to sell them for Spiritual Formation University. Ok, if you can't get over there again, don't worry about it.

Those were some chunky cheek pics of Claire you took! Funny!

T <><