Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 3

Detox Day 3: Look in your day planner at your plans for the next two weeks ahead. When will the highly-charged days be? And within those days, which will be the most stressful hours? Reserve time after those events in which to recover with nourishing food, rest and the kind of company you enjoy. Plan your recovery and write it in your day planner now.

With moving to a new city I would not consider my days, weeks, and months to be "highly charged". HA! It's actually been quite relaxing. However, just recently we have been scoping out houses with our Realtor and last Saturday, Eric and I put an offer in on a house that we love. It seems to be the perfect house for us but we will have to see. The weird thing is, you would think this would be a stressful process.. and at times it has been, but it's been so amazing to see how God has given us both a peace about things. I told Eric the other day that I am so excited to have neighbors that are more permanent then the ever so changing apartment neighbors that we have been through... don't get me wrong I love my apartment neighbors! I just can't wait to settle down and build relationships with people and not have the looming feeling that I'm soon going to move and have to start all over again. I guess this is what my blog title is all about.. Learning to be content...day by day. It's a process and I don't think we ever arrive, at least I don't think I ever will, at least not on earth. But in the meantime I will wait with a purpose and continue to enjoy the journey!

Side note: when it says to enjoy nourishing food... do you think that includes a large Iced Carmel Mocha from It's A Grind (my new favorite place)?? :)

2 comments:

Tim Sheets said...

Shell, good to see you emerge out of the darkness and rekindle your blog. You were about to get the boot from my links! HA!

I'm up with Claire getting ready to watch some Scooby Doo on YouTube. She loves YouTube now! Anyways, hope all goes well w/ the detox. I've been sort of doing some detoxing too, we have an exercise room at the church now and I've been using it for 3 weeks straight now.

Claire says, "Hot dog!" That's her message to you.

T <><

Shell*Belle said...

Tim,

HAH! Yeah, I did kind of fall off the face of the earth (in the blogger world).

That is so funny that Claire likes youtube!! HAH! I need to see that little girl! Tell her that Auntie Shelly loves her very much and she needs to move here with me, Eric and Milo.. and then you and Trina can see her every few months or so. :):) Sound good??