Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 6

Detox Day 6: Set aside an hour this week to go at a different pace. (A whole day would be better, but an hour is more realistic.) Go through it slowly and relish every moment. Eat some food and taste it properly. Take a bath and enjoy it to the full. Notice colors. Go at the speed of a three-toed sloth. If you meet anyone you know, smile serenely as if you're in the Brazilian rain forest, and hang around. Dwell on all that God has done. If there are troubles in your mind, stop and pray about them. Slowly get ready for eternity.

This chapter really hit home. With all the craziness that is going on in our (Eric and I) lives this was a good reminder to just sit back and relax. The author said it best, "I am speeding through life like a jaguar, and God is working out his plan like an ai (slot). Just as the jaguar moves so fast that he doesn't even see the sloth edging onwards, so we operate at such a speed that we miss God's relentless progress towards an utter triumph. This is my prayer that I will slow down in all areas of my life.

GOOD NEWS: We have our inspections scheduled for our house this week!! YAY! :) Also, I had an interview today at the Methodist Home for Children and they called me back an hour later and asked me to come in Thursday for a second interview! :) Please pray... this job sounds great! I get to work from home. :)

Time for bed. Everyone have a great night! :):) Oh yeah, I totally held a sloth when we were in the Dominican Republic for our honeymoon. Mine was not nearly as cute as the one in the picture above.


Update: Eric just informed me that it was an anteater that I held not a sloth!! I can't believe I would have held one of those things.. Night.

1 comment:

Tim Sheets said...

That is awesome about the house. I saw a few pictures of it today, looks very nice. It is a true North Carolina home judging by the blue colors! Looks like Eric will have to switch from being a Ohio St. fan to a NC one. HA!

Go Tar heels!