Monday, December 16, 2013

Just a little update on the running schedule. I'm still set for race day in April. That gives me just 4 months to continue training. YIKES! 

My run today was good. It had been a week since I've run, so I was a little more tired then normal, but I made it. In the rain, I must add. Okay not just any rain, but NC downpour! It felt great! Just for your enjoyment here is a pic, post run. If you look close enough at the green shirt you can see just how wet I was. Also the purple pull over, is normally LIGHT purple not dark. :) I was SOAKED!


Another thing I have to share with you all happened after I told someone I was training for a half marathon. DUN DUN DUN .... They called me an athlete! No one has EVER, EVER referred to this girl as an athlete. Even though, I was on the soccer team in High School, I was far from an athlete. More like an out of shape, accident waiting to happen. So funny story. When I played soccer in High School I sprained my foot from....you guessed it.... kicking the GROUND! Yeah I know, I was terrible! I spent most of my career as a soccer player sitting on the sidelines with a sprained ankle. Which honestly, I was so relieved by, because I was terrified at the thought of being put in the game. The sprained ankle may or may not have been an "accident". I will never tell! :) Now you can rejoice with me in how happy I was to be called an ATHLETE today! :):)


4 comments:

MonicaHughston said...

So proud of you!!

Mariel said...

That's awesome Shelly! Good for you :) And it sounds like we would have been great friends had we been on the same HS soccer team - I was TERRIFIED of being put in! I was totally in it for the social aspect :)

Shell*Belle said...

Thanks Monica!!

Mar - We would have been great friends. I was ONLY on the soccer team for the social aspect. :):) My favorite part was the bus rides where we didn't have to play soccer at all. :) Not going to lie, I also enjoyed wearing my uniform to school on game day! :)

Laura Mayfield said...

SO CUTE!!!!! Shelly you are such an inspiration!!!!!!