Thursday, February 01, 2007

Peace.


This morning after Eric left (which is at 7:30am) I could not fall back asleep. Normally I don't have a problem doing that and I usually don't wake up until like 11! :) Today was different. After Eric left I couldn't sleep and Lucas was staring at me through his cage so I got him out and he came and laid in bed next to me. He kept trying to nestle under the covers to keep warm! It was so cute! :)

After laying there for a while I started thinking of everything going on and that's when it happened. Peace. It was like God sat next to me in my bed and I laid my head on His lap and He slowly ran His fingers through my hair and whispered in my ear... Be Still My Child.
It seriously gives me chills thinking about it and writing it. I'm so thankful that I serve a God that brings peace to His children in the midst of their storms! My mom also talked to me today about some pretty cool things that God showed her last night at her Bible study. I'm so thankful that I serve a God that still talks to His people.

What a MIGHTY God we serve!

No comments: