Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I will persevere!

Today I realized, that I really enjoy playing my guitar. With a lot of stressful things going on in my life lately, it has been a nice way to relieve stress. I suppose music in general has helped me out a lot lately. Last night I bought the song, "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter. That song is so inspiring for me. I don't know why, considering it keeps reminding me that I've had a bad day. That just proves that the way my mind thinks is very very strange.

So the past week or so I feel like I've been in this constant low. Sort of like I'm stuck in a ditch and waiting for the tow truck to come pull me out. I feel like I keep trying to get out of the ditch, by spending time with God and reading more and learning more about Him, however I'm still stuck! I know that in our walk it is normal to experience these low times or times of feeling stuck! It's just so hard to believe that and to remember that when you are in these times. I read a quote today from the book, "Prayers of a God Chaser" it said:

"When you say you are "still in the struggle" that means
"still eligible for victory." If you quit, it is impossible to win!"

I think this is an awesome way to look at our struggles. It says that there is still hope. It also asks, what are you doing to bring victory to your struggling. It reminds me to continue to persevere in times of trials to reach victory, and if we aren't persevering than it is impossible to ever win! This is my goal today. To not just quit and give up in my times of struggle. Instead, to believe that my struggles are still eligible for victory.

3 comments:

eric said...

I totally know what you mean about feeling down/discouraged. I really like your quote from that book. From the things you have told me about it, it sounds pretty good! I may have to read it when you are done. I love you!

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

I'm glad you love practicing your guitar...if only I'd loved pracitcing maybe I could actually still play piano and I'd be better at violin :-/

I'll see you in 17 days!

Shell*Belle said...

Yay I am seriously so excited that you are coming! :)