Sunday, January 07, 2007

Freedom Writers

So this weekend I managed to see the movie Freedom Writers twice in one evening. :) It was great!! I saw it first with my friend Alicia.. and she totally laughed at me because I practically had tears coming from my eyes the entire movie. My second experience seeing it was a little different. This time I saw it with Eric and we went to the "ghetto theater". Let's just say my neighbor in the ever-so-close movie seats stood up and booty danced during the middle of the movie! :) It was so funny! :) It was still so good though!! I highly recommend it!!

So in my efforts to educate myself about the Freedom Writers, I decided to reserve the book from the library. Much to my dismay... there were 40 others who had the same idea before me! So... needless to say, in an effort to expand my knowledge on the subject I will now be "free-loading" and reading the book at Barnes and Noble, while sitting in Starbucks sipping my Tazo Black Iced Tea!

3 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Two things: 1. I really want to see that movie, but they're way too expensive in Lafayette... and 2. I've read books at Borders before, that's where I read the 3rd Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book...

Shell*Belle said...

Yeah it's a really good place to read books. I actually did that in college a little bit too! :) You really should see Freedom Writers! It's awesome!

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

I think Linds and I are going to see it this weekend when I visit her in Kankakee! I just hope it is playing at one of those theatres!