Saturday, December 02, 2006

"I want to stay with you"

As we sat in the McDonald's parking lot waiting for the boys foster mother to arrive I looked in the back seat and saw Tony crying. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I want to stay with you." I had to turn around quickly so I didn't start crying myself. I was shocked that he wanted to stay with us. I mean yeah we went to Chuck E. Cheese and did some fun things but this is the same kid that spent quite a bit of time sitting in timeout. I learned at that moment that kids want and need a parent not a friend.
There were so many times growing up that I would become so angry at my parents because I wasn't allowed to do certain things that my friends were allowed to do. I thought my friends parents were so cool because they seemed more like a friend than a parent. Boy was I wrong! I am so thankful for the parents that I have. I hope and pray that someday I will be just like them. They taught me so many good things and I truly believe that I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for them! Thank you Mom and Dad! :)
Well that is all I have for today! All I ask is that whoever reads this, think about the blessings that you have! Think about all the people that have been positive role models in your life. Also, if you have kids, remember they need a parent not a friend. :) (A parent is a friend)!!

*This is a picture of me and my parents! :)

No comments: