Thursday, December 14, 2006

Things work out in HIS timing!

Yesterday the foster agency called and wanted to place two kids with us. I was so EXCITED! I starting thinking, this is finally it, I get to be a mom!! :)

God obviously had other plans...

After waiting a whole day (which seemed like YEARS) we finally got the call saying that the kids were placed in a different foster home. I was totally crushed! I didn't know whether to cry or be angry. I immediately starting praying asking God why things happen the way they do. I also complained to Him and told Him that I was so excited and this was something that I really wanted. After about two seconds I realized how selfish I sounded. Never did I think about what would best benefit the kids. Perhaps, Eric and I did not have what these kids needed. At that point I realized that God is calling me to be content with where I am in life. After having coffee with a friend I realized that everything happens for a reason. I also realized that this is something that God has called Eric and I to do and He is going to bless us for being obedient... in HIS timing!

Well all this to say, if you think about it please pray that I can learn to be content!

6 comments:

eric said...

Thinking about you and praying for you, babe.
I love you.

-Eric

Shell*Belle said...

Thanks buddy! I know everything with work out! I'm praying for you too! :)

Tim Sheets said...

Cool site and some emotional posts...Rhett was reading over my shoulder and lost it. He had to go running to the bathroom and almost emptied an entire box of Kleenex tissues crying. I think he's ok now.

Shell*Belle said...

Tim!! HAHA!! I'm gonna give you a swipe when I see you!!

Christy said...

I love your site!!! You are such a good writer and it is awesome to see how God is working in your life!!!

Shell*Belle said...

Thanks Chris! :) This is a good way for me to vent and put things in perspective. Sometimes it's easier to understand things when you see them in writing and you can read them! :) Have a good day! Wish I could shop with you today!!