Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Crossing between the mountatins

Do you ever get really frustrated with God's timing? Do you ever feel like things are never going to happen for you? I do! Don't get me wrong, I'm not angry at God... just confused. I know that God has not only a plan for my life, but the perfect plan! Sometimes I just wish that I could figure that plan out, or that He would show me more of the plan. I do know that the times when I am truly in despair and needing something to hold onto, God reaches down and takes hold of my hand and gives me a small glimpse of the ultimate plan for me.

I guess right now, I feel kind of like I'm standing in the valley between two HUGE mountains and all I can do is look forward at the next mountain that I have to defeat. I look behind me and I see an ocean of all sizes of mountains that I have already walked, fallen, climbed, inched, and ran up and down. Those mountains of course represent all the trials and up's and down's that I have experienced. However, this mountain that I'm facing now is much bigger than any other that I have seen. It's huge, I can't even see the top!! In fact, I can't even climb it right now... not sure why, but I just can't! Which means, that I'm back to the exciting time of waiting time, which I have come to love (sense the sarcasm).

I know that God wants to use me during this waiting time. It's just that being a human, I start to get frustrated and forget about God, and start thinking about me. I then start informing God that His plan for me is all wrong, and surely He must have messed up or gotten me confused with someone! Than I stop and notice my face starting to grow warm from embarrassment, I notice that I have tears streaming down my cheeks because I have shown my lack of trust in my best friend! Not only, have I become this selfish being, but I have proven my lack of faith! The thing that blows my mind is that no matter how selfish I am being, God is always there holding me and giving me the ultimate peace!

3 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

I'm sorry you're feeling this way, I must say I feel similar... I'm constantly wondering why I'm where I'm at in life and what God has in store for me... Hang in there Shelly...

Oh and Happy Birthday!!!

Jenny said...

It was your birthday?! Happy belated birthday dearie! I thought this sentence from you was excellent! "I do know that the times when I am truly in despair and needing something to hold onto, God reaches down and takes hold of my hand and gives me a small glimpse of the ultimate plan for me." That is excellent, and very true! Waiting on God's next step for you is very difficult. Just remember to keep waiting with a purpose. I think we have a lot in common!

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Hey! I'm glad you liked the visited states link...I felt the same way when I saw it!!! You should put yours up on your blog!!!