Thursday, March 01, 2007

Christy, my best friend!!!

I first want to start this post by saying Happy Birthday to my dear sister, Christy! :) I wish I could be there with you on this special day! Although, I know you're having a good time seeing how I called and you were headed to a scrapbook store! Wish I could be there!! :(

Well this post I want to dedicate to my sister who is and has been, truly my best friend! I don't think I have ever told her how much of an influence she has had on my life!!


Dear Christy,

I'm going to take you back a few years. I still remember when you stepped off the plane after being sent to Russia. Something seemed different about you. There was a special glow to your face. You were smiling. I don't know if you remember, but the first words that you said to me on that day was, "I'm sorry!" I was shocked! Was this the same person that just a month before built an imaginary wall in our bedroom so we wouldn't have to "share a room".

As the months went on after your return from Russia I continued to notice small changes in you. For example, at night time I always saw you sitting on your bed reading your Bible and writing in a journal. I always saw you at church worshiping with your eyes closed, instead of looking around and not paying attention. I saw you go to the altar and beg God for forgiveness. I saw you change... step by step, day by day, I saw you change!

I don't know if you ever realized how much of an impact those times had on me. I noticed that I started wanting to journal, and at night I to sat on my bed reading my Bible and journaling my thoughts. I didn't do this out of the blue, I did it because it was modeled before me! You were and are my role model!

I know that in High School I had some really tough years and you were the one that stuck closer to me than anyone else! I had a lot of disappointments and heartbreak! I even remember that you took one of my ex-boyfriends to meet his probation officer every Tuesday! What a sister!!

Another thing that I remember doing with you was shopping. You worked at Mikasa and after you would get your paycheck, you didn't go and spend it like most people did. Instead, you would pick me up (your little bratty sister) and take me shopping and tell me that I could get an outfit, purse shoes and all!! I thought that was so awesome!

There are so many good memories that I have of you I could basically make an entire blog about those memories. I just wanted you and everyone else who reads this to know what a good sister I had/have!

Thank you Christy, for being that person that stood in the GAP for me. Thank you for standing up for me (especially with that boy that you threw into the lockers). Thank you for being a Christ-like example for me! Thank you for showing me how to be a good mom! I still look up to you and you are still my best friend! I love you!!

Love,
Your little sis

7 comments:

Christy said...

Shelly you made me cry! I honestly never knew, and feel completely unworthy to be someone you look up to. You are, have been, and will always be my best friend...I love you! I wish we lived closer, but I am thankful that you are always a phone call away...which I am sure can be annoying for your since I like to call you all the time and leave stupid messages...HAHAHA!!! Thank you for that blog...that is the best b-day present I have EVER recieved! LOVE YOU!!!

Shell*Belle said...

Awe, you made me cry too!! HAHA :) We are such sisters!

Teresa said...

I too shed a tear. I can totally see Christy shoving a guy in a locker. LOL :-)

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Wow that's awesome! That's so cool that you have a sister/best friend that is so wonderful! I'm glad Christy was always there for you before and still is! And Christy if you read this...I'm sure Shelly LOVES the silly messages!!!

Jenny said...

Ok, add me to the Shed A Tear list!

Shell*Belle said...

Did I mention that Christy and I also have a wonderful Mom who has also been a huge inspiration for me! However, that's another post!!! HEHE

Tim Sheets said...

and where does bubby fit in?!?!