Friday, March 16, 2007

Peace.

Why is it that every time we...I mean I... get hurt (by friends, jobs, circumstances) I run to everyone else except for the true Counselor and Healer. I think my cell phone bill would be a LOT less if I would rely on Him more. The past few months and especially the past few days, whenever trouble has arose, I found myself quickly digging through my purse looking for that silly phone. Immediately, I call Eric and spill the news to him and expect him to fix everything. Now, don't get me wrong, I feel a lot better after talking to him, but he can't give me that true peace. The peace where you know that everything is going to be alright. The peace that only God can give. My friend, Alicia pointed me toward a sermon that someone at her church preached. It is really good for anyone looking for peace.

The Sermon
This website will take you to their online sermons web page. The sermon that I am talking about is the one titled "How to find the peace of God" by Julia Pickerill

I also wanted to say thank you to my friend Alicia. Thanks for sticking with me during these rough times! Your friendship means a lot to me. I enjoy the time we spend talking about our life journeys, God, boys (HAHA), and just everything! It's nice to have a girl to talk to!

3 comments:

Tim Sheets said...

I'm not afraid of wasps!

Oh...gotta run...thought I heard a buzzing sound!

Alicia Streicher said...

HAHAHAHAHA

I love and appreciate you, as well. We're in this rough journey together, woman! :)

Shell*Belle said...

Tim - You are scared of wasps!

Alicia - Thanks! I love and appreciate you too!!